How import a wallet to your MetaMask account?
In order to import an existing wallet to a MetaMask account, follow these simple step-by-step instructions. You will need to install the MetaMask extension for your favorite browser, import a wallet using private key or JSON file and add PBL tokens to the list.
1.Open https://metamask.io website or search for “Metamask extension” in your favorite browser (you can install Metamask for Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers).
2.Click Add to Chrome to install MetaMask as Google Chrome extension (same as for other browsers).
3.Click Add Extension.
That’s it! You have successfully installed the MetaMask extension. Now, it is time to add your existing cryptocurrency wallet.
There are two ways how to export an existing account. If you have a seed words (mnemonic phrase) you can export your wallet straight away:
- 1.Click on the icon in the upper right corner to open MetaMask extension, read and accept the terms. Click Continue.
- 2.Click Import With Seed Phrase.
- 3.Enter your wallets seed phrase (mnemonic phrase).
- 4.Enter a strong password.
- 5.Click Import.
You have successfully imported your wallet to MetaMask!
If you have an existing wallet address but you don’t have a mnemonic phrase, you can import your wallet address to MetaMask using a private key or JSON file.
- 1.After creating an account, click on the“Account” button in the upper right corner (see screenshots below).
- 2.Click Import account.
- 3.Select preferred entry type. If you want to import an account using your wallet’s private key, simply paste your private key string and click Import.
That’s it! You have successfully imported your cryptocurrency wallet to your MetaMask account.